U Card with Champ the Bulldog in place of a student photo

Expand all

Student Account

If you are currently enrolled at the University of Minnesota and have no financial holds on your student account, you can use your U Card to charge purchases of textbooks and supplies from University Bookstores to your University student account.

Just bring your U Card and another photo ID to any of the University of Minnesota Bookstores and say "charge it to my student account." They will accept your U Card just like a credit card.

Your bookstore charges on your U Card will be included on your next monthly student account billing statement, along with other tuition and fee charges. You must pay the bookstore charges in full, unless you make the purchases after the last bill of the previous term and before the second bill of the current term. Unpaid bookstore charges may result in registration and transcript holds on your student record.

Campus Cash

Campus cash allows you to store money on your U Card in order to pay for printing, dining services and chemistry breakage fees.

All U Card holders automatically have a Campus Cash account available on their U Card.

To find out more about the Campus Cash account please visit our

Campus Cash page

Meal Plan

If you purchase a University of Minnesota Duluth Meal plan it will be added to your U Card.

Meal Plans are managed through University Dining Services. If you have questions or concerns about Meal Plans please visit Dining Services.

Dining Dollars

Dining Dollars are money you may add to your U Card to make purchases at University Dining Services Locations only.

Dining Dollars are available to students only.

Dining Dollars Accounts are managed through University Dining Services. If you have questions or concerns about Dining Dollars please visit Dining Services.